Technology is progressing at a brisk pace. The usage of electronic gadgets is increasing day by day. As newer and newer gadgets are being launched, the older ones are becoming obsolete. This is resulting in an enormous amount of electronic waste being generated. Most of the people just discard their older gadgets once they buy a new one. However, there are plenty of ways to recycle electronic parts as well. Most of the people are puzzled by the question how to recycle used electronic parts waste. We would today share with you the exact procedure which you can follow in order to recycle the electronics parts waste.
1. Sorting the gadgets: Before you begin the process, you have to sort out the gadgets which you want to recycle. Each and every type of gadget like a smartphone as well as a DVD player or even a clock can be stripped off useful components which can be reused. You have to unscrew the gadget and thereafter remove the PCB in order to begin the recycling process. PCB is the green circuit board inside the gadget.
2. Materials needed: Once you get the PCB out of the gadget, you would have to desolder the components which can be recycled. In order to do so, you would need certain equipment. The equipment which you have to keep ready are:
- Soldering iron
- Vice Grip
- Storage container for the desoldered components
- De-soldering pump
3. Put the PCB into the Vice grip: In order to desolder the components with ease, you have to hold the PCB with the help of the vice grip. You can hold it in the position which is more preferable for you i.e. horizontal or vertical. You have to just make sure that the soldered side of the PCB is on the upper side.
4. Removing the components: Once the PCB is held in its place, you have to start removing the components by desoldering them. You have to 1st press the soldering iron against the soldered joint and once the soldered metal is liquefied, you have to suck it out with the help of the desoldering pump. Once you are able to remove the soldered metal from the contact, the component would loosen up you can pull it out with the help of the pliers. You have to repeat this procedure with the entire circuit.
Pro tip: When you are removing any component you have to make sure that the soldered metal is entirely removed from its contents. Only when it is fully removed, you have to pull it out with the help of the pliers. Even if a small amount of soldered metal is left, you have to use the soldering iron again and use the desoldering pump in order to remove it and thereafter remove the component with the help of the pliers.
5. Knowing the components which are useful: Not each and every component which you can pull out from the circuit board can be reused. Some of the components which can be easily recycled are:
6. Storing them in a proper container: Once you are able to remove the components from the circuit board, you have to store them in a proper airtight container. This would protect them from moisture as well as outside temperature. You can use these components easily to assemble or create new circuits whenever you want. So, if you’re wondering how to recycle used electronic parts waste, you have to just follow this procedure for the gadget which you want to recycle the electronic parts from. The parts which you are able to salvage from the circuit can be reused as long as you are able to use them as per the specifications.